2017 is coming to an end and you have learned so much about Instagram from me that you should be sick, so why are some of you still struggling? My thoughts are that you have stopped trying, you don’t care, or you don’t want to put in the effort to be successful.
I don’t think you are aware of how BIG Instagram is and how MUCH money you can make!
In a 2016 Forbes article, you can read HERE , Forbes spoke on how much success one can receive on Instagram in comparison to Facebook. An increase in likes, follows, and MONEY from customers.
It’s true. I myself have grown my account to 14 thousand 100 followers, have added 444 members onto my Facebook account , and received most of my clients from the platform.
It can be worked but you have to work it.
So instead of calling you all lazy, and unmotivated i’m going to give this one more shot and tell you EVERYTHING you need to know to grow your Instagram accounts.
Tips, Secrets, Everything
Grab a seat grab a notepad and lets begin.
The first thing anyone sees when they log into your Instagram account is your BIO,
It looks like such: Your BIO has to be amazing in order to catch and KEEP your potential new follower and client/customer. You want to make it POP.
Lets start with your IG profile pic. Louise Myers has some amazing Instagram profile picture tips.
My biggest tips are similar to hers and I speak on them often when I meet with new clients.
- Make sure your profile pic is clear. You only have a circle so fill it up completely.
- It has been shown that a Profile Pic with your face is best. Logos can be ok but they are more impersonal. Most followers want to deal with a real person so show them that you are real.
- It has also been shown that pictures with you wearing glasses give you a one up on others. why this is I have no clue but it works!
You can think of your BIO as an introduction to your Instagram account. That being said you want your Instagram account to be interesting, creative and eye opening. You are a business however and that means that you must also answer the basic questions about your account. I call it 5 W’s and a H magic. You must answer these questions in your profile BUT you must also do so with limited characters, you have 150.
- Who is your ideal client
- What is the problem you are solving (magic sales trick)
- When are you available to connect
- Where are you located, where are your sales, are you national?
- Why are you doing what you do , what do you love about it? Use a catchy tagline
- How are you helping them? Product, call, consultation
Again you don’t have that much space so use it wisely. Add emojis make it appealing and fun.
SECRET TIP: Type your bio all aligned in an outside source like notepad and paste it into the edit bio section and it will stay aligned.
Your Business Link
Your business link that you post on IG should lead to your website, or a landing page, blog, or sales page, fb group/page, anything that will drive your sales.
Use a link shortener if you do not have an actual website. The last thing you want in your nice neat profile is a sloppy ass link.
If you have a lot of links leading a few different ways a Link Tree may be what is best for you. Read this article to understand the magic of Link Tree.
Instagram can be somewhat bland if you don’t make it interesting. Instagram themes are a way to use that creative spark inside of you .
One thing that goes along with IG themes is the need to keep the content consistent. If you are a business based around dogs then you don’t want pictures of your cat.
KEEP YOUR PERSONAL LIFE OUT OF YOUR BUSINESS UNLESS IT IS APART OF YOUR BUSINESS.
For example do not have a ton of selifes and family photos if it has nothing to do with the sale of purses. Unless your daughter or son is rocking a purse DON’T DO IT.
Now for the creative pieces. There are a TON of IG themes you can use on your account.
Below are examples and the names of the themes.
For a complete training on theming and the different types Click Here
Now that you have your posts together and your bio is looking clean and crisp we have to pay attention to the post itself.
When you post a picture you need some key things in mind.
- What problem are you trying to solve
- What story are you trying to tell
- What is the CTA (Call to action), what do you want the potential follower to do?
Tell a story with your posts, make it interesting.
Your caption has a 2200 character limit, you don’t want it too long but you don’t want it too short ether.
Front load the most important info first because after a while Instagram will close up the paragraph and the reader will have to select read more in order to see what else you have to say.
Make sure your post picture and your CTA are relative to each other. If you have a new blog post a good idea is to get a picture from your blog post and have an excerpt from the blog as your caption.
ENGAGMENT HACK: ASK THE READER TO TAG A FRIEND IN THE COMMENTS FOR YOUR CTA. YOU’LL GET AN EXTRA READER AND BRING MORE AWARENESS TO YOUR IG ACCOUNT.
So now we get into the natty gritty. The magic. The sauce. What grows your followers and creates your sales.
So I’m not going to get into what hashtags are , you should know already so I don’t want to insult you. As you know hashtags bring folks to your posts and to your account. There are so many ways that you can utilize hashtags for engagement that its ridiculous and I cannot write everything . I will however give you the hottest tips and redirect you to my Facebook group that has loads and loads of trainings and IG HASTAG tricks.
- You can use 30 hashtags per post (there’s a hack for this) Join the Facebook group below for access to the 60 hashtag hack…
- Make sure you do your hashtag research, each hashtag has a number under it. That number represents all the posts that are under that particular hashtag. A hashtag with over 1 million posts will drown your post and not many will see it because 1 million people or more are using the same hashtag and your posts is slowly falling down the feed. A hashtag that has between 500000 – 1 mil can be a perfect mix of max engagement and you will stay in the feel longer. A hashtag that has between 200000-500000 may or may not give you a great engagement value but you will get more likes throughout the week. A hashtag with a value of 50000-200000 will get you low engagement but may put you in the top posts running’s. Finally a post with 50000 and below ill definitely put you in the top posts area if you engage correctly and time your posts based off of your direct business insights. To learn more about hashtag research Click Here.
- Hashtag perfect Hashtag Value mix:
- 10 Hashtags 1mill and Up
- 5 Hashtags 500000 and up
- 5 Hashtags 200000 and up
- 5 Hashtags 50000 and up
- 5 Hashtags 0- 50000
This is the basics that will get you a good jumpstart in the game. To stay in the loop about the latest hashtags and trending posts with hashtags connect with me in the Instagram Monetization Group!
People really aren’t paying you attention because your marketing your business all wrong.
Business Account Or Personal Account?
There has been a great debate about whether it is worth it to switch to a business Instagram Account or not. My personal opinion is that if you are a business then you need a business account. The reason nobody wants to switch to a Business Insta is because there is a proven fact that you lose engagement.
The reason this happens is because ever since Instagram added business Instagram option and Facebook bought out Insta there is market for it. Businesses can now, like Facebook, use paid Ads to get their message across to the masses. So in order for you to see engagement they want you to pay for it.
There is a work around for it of course. There are features that Business Instagram has that Personal accounts do not.
The Top 3 benefits of Business IG
- Easier for your business to be found and indexed. Instagram has clickable buttons that will send a client directly where you want them to head. Buttons include: Call Now, Email, Directions, and Website. Just insert your information and its complete.
- Analytics. Instagram analytics with the business account is crazy! They can tell you what time to post, what to post, how man people have viewed your account, viewed your profile as a whole. They also tell you what your followers look like, make/female, their age group, and where they are located. These are great ways to steer your engagement. This allows you to adjust post times and content for your page. Learn more on Business Instagram Analytics.
- You and utilize Instagram Ads. Just like Facebook you can use ads to buy impressions that can potentially turn into sales. You must have Facebook fan page in order to have a business Instagram account and this reason for this is for the purpose of Ad payment. Whatever method you have for payment of your FB ads will be the same for your IG ads.
As you can see Business IG is was more beneficial then a personal Instagram, at least if you have a business. What you want do to is chose which account you want to use and stick to it. If you go back and forth between business and personal your engagement will go WAY DOWN because Instagram will be punishing you for trying to “cheat the system”
Instagram Stories/ Instagram Live
OK so another fun feature with Instagram is stories and live. Think of Instagram Stories like Snapchat and naturally Instagram Live followed in Facebook lives footsteps. You post quick videos and can use features like the Boomerang effect, stickers, filters, and if you have over 10k followers you can throw your website link or any link of your choice in there.
Instagram Live is just that. You are live in front of your audience. This is great for interviews, behind the scenes at events and more. They have recently allowed others to tag along on the fun by being guests on your IG live video!
To learn more on Instagram Stories read The Ultimate Guide to Instagram Stories
Engagement Hack that isn’t really a Hack
The NUMBER 1 question I get asked and I’m about tired of answering , hence why this blog is a lifesaver, “Rocki how do I get engagement on my account?”
Brace yourself your going to hate me for 10 seconds, but here’s your answer:
- Log in to your account! Stop posting pics and thinking that the magic Instagram fairy is going to rain likes and follows on your ass
- Post good stuff! Post pics people wanna see we are about tired of your boring ass grainy ass selfie pictures. Those pics have NOTHING to do with your business and believe me Nobody is checking for you Boo
- Reciprocity. This is my fave word. Give and you shall get. How are you going to bug the heck out of people asking for engagement when you don’t give it. You have followers just for numbers and that aint right. If I was your follower and you didn’t like my posts I would have left your page a long time ago! You not liking my ish so why would I like yours?
I created the ultimate blog to help you to get max engagement and get the ball rolling. It’s time for you to get the Traffic and Engagement you deserve.
So look boom there it is . Everything that is going to set you up for Instagram success in 2018. There is so much more to learn about Instagram that I simply cannot cram into this tiny ole blog, so to learn a lot more and to be apart of a tribe of dope entrepreneur that loves IG as much as you do join the Instagram Monetization Tribe